Boasting one of the most recognizable names when it comes to metal and gold prospecting, Garrett has delivered the goods once again with this product.
The Garrett AT Gold metal detector is an amazing waterproof gold surveying detector that has been developed to deliver all your gold hunting metal needs. It is suitable for land and water purposes.
It is fully metallic, with a well-coated body, 42″ to 51″ in length, with about 1.4kg in weight and a frequency of 18kHz. It has a 5 x 8″ DD search coil, with functional headphones, a Garrett ProPointer AT Pinpointer, and 4 AA batteries.
It is adjustable to about 8 various sensitivities and depths and comes with a 2-year warranty.
The AT Gold detector was expertly designed to perform at maximum depth to find gold even in the most demanding and nasty environment, using a combination of a sensitive body with high frequency, coupled with the consistent audio response, technology, and a digital detecting system to deliver excellent performance.
- Garrett AT Gold Features and Benefits
- Garrett AT Gold Design and Appearance
- Garrett AT Gold Performance
- Garrett AT Gold Pros and Cons
- Garrett AT Gold FAQs
Garrett AT Gold Features and Benefits
The Garrett At Gold metal detector possesses various features that make it a perfect fit for your exploration needs:
1. Full metal mode
It has an all-metal mode that gives it the ability to find deep metals, as it is highly sensitive enough to detect the smallest metals possible.
2. High frequency
It has a high frequency of 18kHz, which enables it to find targets with low to medium conductivity in a mineralized area.
3. 5 x 8″ DD coil
It is a small yet highly suitable coil for the detector. This allows it to work in high trash areas, easily separate targets, and find smaller targets, like gold nuggets.
4. Battery life indicator
You can always know the battery life level due to the presence of the indicator that stays on continuously.
5. Controllable background sound
The detector allows you to adjust the background sound while exploring, to optimize hearing your target, to decipher its shape and size.
6. Weather flexibility
It is built to resist extremely dusty or wet surroundings, as it can be immersed to a depth of 10 feet (3m), thereby guaranteeing effectiveness, even in harsh weather conditions.
7. Visual analysis for target
It shows a target’s conductivity and also how the detector differentiates between all targets, using a Graphic Target Analyzer.
8. Full-metal iron audio
It enables users to discern the sound of iron objects due to the presence of its 44 volume of high-resolution iron discrimination and is viewed as a digital number for its capacity to distinguish a good target from the opposite.
9. Electronic spotting
It identifies the exact spot a target is, thereby guaranteeing ease and efficiency.
10. ID scale for targets
You can easily know the value of a target, as it shows their metal conductivity value, from a ranking of 0-99. This enables you to find buried targets with efficiency and speed. Targets that are near the level of 1 are the most ferrous. As you ascend the scale, the most conductive items come close to 99.
11. Ground balance
It enables you to manually change the metal detector’s ground balance to forestall the disadvantages of ground mineralization.
12. Proportional audio mode
It has a pro audio mode that gives additional information, like the prospective targets’ size and conductivity. However, it cannot be turned off, as it is standard.
Garrett AT Gold Design and Appearance
The AT Gold metal detector is black and is shaped like an ‘s.’ It has a padded handgrip with an alterable strap for the arm. The stem can easily be adjusted to suit your height.
It has a control panel with the top and bottom stem, the search coil, 5 x 8″, and the wing nut. It has 4 AA batteries, and they are placed in a container in the control panel.
There is a built-in speaker, with headphones too. It has a functional LED.
It is designed to be waterproof to a maximum depth of 10 feet (3 meters) for exploration in freshwater streams. Its utility is not limited to water alone, as it can function on land also. It has a wide range of uses, as it can find relics, artifacts, and hidden treasures, in addition to gold.
It weighs 1.4kg, with an adjustable length of 42″ – 51″. It works with a frequency of 18kHz, which is suitable for freshwater operations, which gives off 3 different audio tone ID levels.
It is straightforward to use, as it was designed to be controlled with one hand alone. Modern audio features were adopted to enable you to adjust the sonics to your taste. A 5″ x 8″ DD search coil is present to search for metal in highly mineralized environments.
Garrett AT Gold Performance
The AT Gold detector is an amazing land and water performing metal detector. It has characteristics that can function favorably in those two different locations without a dip in performance.
With an all-metal body, it is optimized for maximum depth and sensitivity. It is also versatile when it comes to weather, in that it can work in dry or moist conditions.
For land, it has superb ground balance. It can be manipulated by your hand in the direction you want it to go.
It operates on a frequency of 18kHz, and it can detect the smallest scrap of gold. The detector also works with good recovery speed, which enables it to differentiate the target item from other waste quickly.
In water, the detector is also optimized to function effectively. It has full-metal iron audio. This enables it to detect iron and corresponding metals easily. You can also adjust the background sound to focus on the target.
It comes with a Graphic Target Analyzer (GTA) that focuses on the target’s conductivity. It has a continuous audio detector that enables you to hear the faintest sounds that emanate from distant targets effectively.
It has a depth indicator that shows the depth level of small metals. The detector has a digital target ID. This scale ranges from 0-99, and it provides you the chance to differentiate between each target’s conductivity.
Overall, the Garrett AT Gold detector can effectively function on the land and in the sea whilst guaranteeing efficiency.
It has 8 buttons, which are:
- Mode & Power button: If you hold it down for one second, the detector powers-up. Hold it down for another second to power down. If you hold it down for 5 seconds afterward, it resets the detector to factory settings. If you press the buttons while the machine is on, you’ll be able to pick any mode of your choice.
- Iron disc: Switches the levels of iron discrimination.
- Sensitivity: Alters the level of sensitivity of the detector.
- Iron audio: This is used to listen to the discrepancy in targets during iron discrimination.
- PinPoint: This is for getting the exact location of the target.
- Threshold: Alters the sound of background noise, thereby allowing you to focus on the target.
- Frequency: Alternates through the various levels of frequency.
The Garrett AT Gold detector has 3 main modes: All metal, Disc 1, and Disc 2. The All metal mode is widely regarded as the recommended choice by many for gold prospecting. It gives off continuous audio, allowing you to still hear the low sounds emanating from other targets. Although when the AT Gold is set to All metal, it will answer other magnetic properties that come its way.
It creates an electromagnetic field that leads to the presence of a continuous sinusoidal wave. It can decipher targets on different depths, as its sensitivity and ground balance are increased for finding prospective gold deposits.
Being waterproof to a depth of 10 feet helps the AT Gold detector get to uncharted territories. Also, having the 18kHz frequency enables it to find the smaller items. The identification numbers come in handy, as it saves time by optimizing your search for a target value, with 1 being the value of the most ferrous metals. As you proceed, the most conductive targets show numbers close to 99.
The Iron audio works well in very littered areas, as you get to hear signals of prospective iron and that of other targets. This allows you to alter the other tones so that you can hear more targets. The target ID toils with depth, and the reading you derive might fluctuate as you get closer to the target.
Garrett AT Gold Pros and Cons
- With its ability to penetrate to a maximum of 10 feet (3meters), the waterproof AT Gold detector can detect hidden or buried gold deposits.
- It has an LCD that shows important values. It determines the type of metal that you find. As a plus, it comes with a console that controls the settings of the detector.
- The detector is designed to be convenient for you. It has a soft handgrip and flexible arm strap. The stem is adjustable to your height, which means you are always in control.
- It has a true all-metal mode, with high detection depth and sensitivity to other metals.
- It has superb electronic targeting that enables it to detect the metal of your choice.
- It has a small 5×8″ DD coil, which allows it to narrow its focus on detecting small targets, like gold specks, which is what it was created for.
- It possesses a ground balance window that allows you to work with ground balance values in an area of high mineralization value.
- It has proportional audio, which is a high-level characteristic that is beneficial to the detector. This audio gives off different sounds about a target, including its shape and conductivity, etc.
- Its 4 AA batteries can last one for 25 hours.
- It operates on a frequency of 18kHz, enabling it to find targets low to medium conductivity, of which gold is a part.
- It has superb electronic targeting that enables it to detect the metal of your choice.
- It cannot detect metals in saltwater, only in freshwater.
- The headphones are not waterproof like the detector.
- The sounds from the promotional mode may be unbearable for your ears, as they cannot be turned off.
- There is no coil cover.
- The values on the LCD may be too tiny for small eyes.
- It is quite expensive, with its price at $600 upwards.
Garrett AT Gold FAQs
1. Is the Garrett AT Gold detector waterproof?
Yes, it is fully waterproof. It can be fully submerged to a depth of 10 feet. This makes the AT Gold detector perfect for freshwater bodies, like rivers and lakes, etc.
2. Is the Garrett AT Gold good for saltwater?
No, it is not. It is only suitable for freshwater.
3. Can the Garrett AT Gold detector detect gold?
Yes, it can. It has many features suitable for detecting gold, like the all-metal mode with high sensitivity and depth, the small 5×8″ DD coil, which can detect small gold nuggets, and amazing electronic targeting.
4. How deep can the Garrett AT Gold detect?
It can detect at a maximum depth of 10 feet (3m).
The Garrett AT Gold detector is effective at gold prospecting. It can work on land and in water, as it has features that are suitable for both. However, it is specifically designed for highly-mineralized soil where gold usually resides.
It has an all-metal mode that gives it the highest detection depth of 10 feet, enabling it to get to uncharted territories. Also, having the 18kHz frequency helps it to find the smaller items.
Secondly, it boasts a fast-track ground balance window that enables you to work with a series of ground balance values to ascertain the area of the highest soil mineralization.
Ultimately, the AT Gold detector is the best metal detector for gold prospecting. Its features are perfectly tailored to do the job, as it was custom-made for it.
If you are looking at exploring for gold on the land or water, the Garrett AT Gold metal detector might be the right place to start.
That is all for the Garrett AT Gold review. You can check the price and verified customer reviews of the Garrett AT Gold here.